Monday, November 26, 2007

 

They were done in by 'Workchoices' this election and will probably be done in by their upcoming 'Leadershipchoices' for the next few elections.

The list of possible candidates, every one a devotee of Leopold von Sacher-Masoch.

Malcolm 'Have I told you I'm fraffly rich (but with the uncommon touch) and very important' Turnbull

Tony 'Some people reckon I might be late to my own funeral but that's bullshit, and I've got lots off Post-it notes on the fridge to remind me what time the ballot is on' Abbot.

Brendan 'You lot reckon Malcolm thinks he's important?! Let me show you a thing or twelve!' Nelson.

Christopher 'Trick or treated' Pyne.

Alexander 'I'm not the Messiah, not even a multi-lingual show-off I'm just a 15 denier soft nylon blueblood ... or as I say when I'm in Paree, "sang bleu" ' Downer.

Julie 'Beulah, peel me a Coco Chanel' Bishop.

My dark horse:- Wilson 'The iron bar in the barbed wire glove' Tuckey.

My darker horse (although at this stage he hasn't been returning our calls to the Cayman Islands):- Jack 'I could give those jellyback Liberal wets a lesson or two about serious snout in the trough politicking' Elliot.

My even darker horse:- Siddy 'the Svelte' Sidebottom, on secondment from the ALP.

... and then there's that perennial horse with no claim:- Brownwyn 'I coulda been, shoulda been, mighta been, oughta been a contender, I'll always throw my ring into the hat' Bishop.

UPDATE. Late heart breaking news. Apparently David Beckham has landed in Australia and speculation is rife that he might be parachuted into the vacant leadership post, however is is likely that he will face a strong challenge by a local candidate, The Drover's Dog.

Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]